The Music Stand offers piano lessons to students of all ages and levels. Our lessons are provided by The Music Stand’s highly qualified bass instructor. Located in Laguna Niguel, The Music Stand is the most popular music school in South Orange County.
Benjamin Camp began playing piano at age 7 and the guitar at age 15. He studied Jazz Piano with Ray Santisi (performed with Charlie Parker) and studied Jazz Improvisation with Gary Burton (a long time performer with Chick Corea). He graduated with honors from Berklee College of Music, Boston, Mass. in December, 1985.
Ben has over 20 years of experience teaching keyboard, piano, and guitar. He teaches all styles and levels, from beginning to advanced, including reading and playing “by ear.” Ben gives keyboard lessons and guitar lessons in the afternoon and evenings, Monday – Friday.He has played in well over 100 studio sessions and performed with or opened for various artists, including:
- Roger Hodgson (SuperTramp, Ringo Starr)
- John Schreiner (Stewart Copeland, Stanley Clarke)
- Steve Morse (Steve Morse Band, Deep Purple, Dixie Dreggs)
- Rob Mathes (Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, Vanessa Williams)
- Matt Bissonette (Joe Satriani, David Lee Roth, ELO)
- Vince Denim (Michael McDonald, Elvis Presley)
- Vernon Porter (Kenny Loggins, Neil Larson)
- Bob Wilson (Seawind, Tommy Walker)
- Richie Furay (Buffalo Springfield)
- Mike Hamilton (Kenny Loggins)
- Marc Seal (The Marc Seal Band)
- Todd Robinson (Luis Miguel)
- Timothy Drury (The Eagles)
- John Elephante (Kansas)
- Phil Kristianson (Amy Grant)
- John Goodsall (Brand X)
- Tony Pia (Edgar Winter)
- Chris Falson, Roby Duke, The Kry
He has performed at venues including:
- Verizon Amphitheatre
- Anaheim Convention Center
- Long Beach Stadium
- The Coach House
- Many churches in the surrounding areas
Currently Ben is the Broadcast Engineer for HomeWord with Jim Burns and for “Faith That Works” with Scott Daniels, Dean of Theology @ APU.
Victoria Nguyen has been playing piano since she was 4 years old and picked up both the violin and viola at age 10. She has been playing music all her life with a solid background in classical, pop, and liturgical music. Victoria graduated from Chapman University’s Hall-Musco Conservatory of Music with a BM in Piano Performance. Outside of the academia, she also writes and produces her own music and has experience playing in bands.
As a music teacher, Victoria aims to foster a lifelong love for music and build the foundations for good musicianship that will apply to any style of music. She has successfully prepared many students for the National Guild of Piano Teachers auditions, Certificate of Merit testing, and even school talent shows. She is equipped and honored to guide students of all ages to reach their goals in their own musical endeavors.